Self Improvement

7 Surefire Ways to Set Yourself Up for Happiness

1. WOW! Loved this article. Such honest, practical and thought provoking tips and ideas that we can all use every single day. This will go into my Gratitude Journal today. There’s going to be a lot more happier people around. Flora, think you’re creating a happier world one gratitude at a time, and God knows if we ever needed that – it’s now. Thanks for reminding us of all our many, many blessings.

1. Jeffrey I. Moore says:

Thank you, Fawn!!!

2. Each of these methods resonates strongly with me, Flora. I’m happier now than in previous years because I focus on creating joy for myself before focusing on what makes others (outside of my mom) happy.

That may seem selfish to people outside of my life, and that’s fine. It’s working for me.

1. Jeffrey I. Moore says:

Thank you Shirley!!!

3. These timeless truths are like a roadmap to good health and to modeling healthy living to others. Thanks for the guide, Flora!

4. Good reminder on a day I was sinking into some stinking thinking!

1. Jeffrey I. Moore says:

Zig Ziglar!!! 🙂

5. When we really look at what we have, there is so much to be happy about. It’s like the weather, sure there are dark clouds some days but that doesn’t mean the sun will never shine again.
    Thank you Flora for a wonderful article.

1. Jeffrey I. Moore says:

I agree, Don!!

6. I love this article by Flora Brown. She walks her talk and is a positive role model for me. Happiness is a goal in and of itself, and these tips stand the test of time for reaching day by day joy and fulfillment. Thank you, Flora.

1. Jeffrey I. Moore says:

Go Flora!!!!! Thank you for writing this!!

7. A good reminder that it’s okay not to seek perfection. Thanks for the reminder.

Richard

1. Jeffrey I. Moore says:

I agree Richard!!

8. These are seven very good tips to remember daily. Thank you so much for posting these helpful ‘happiness’ tips for the rest of us to be reminded that we are in charge of our own happiness. Yes, life is good and all is well.

9. “Rejection is protection from an unfortunate outcome,” is what I needed to hear today, especially as I’m in the dating world, and there are times when we are rejected and take it personally.
    Thanks for making us take the time to read and think about life.

10. Gladys says:

“Notice what is good and amazing within and around you right now”
    I don’t believe it is an accident that the above quote is the number one tip reminding us to show gratitude.
    I truly believe that when I am mindful to be appreciative of all the good in my life, I open the floodgates to allow success, abundance and joy to enter.
    I am so grateful for these happiness tips and the reminder that I already have within me all that I need to be happy.

11. Linda Luke says:

I love these tips and each one resonated for me as being just what I need. I especially like the way you said to “Insist” on what brings inner joy. I can do that.

12. Such wonderful, PRACTICAL tips we can all incorporate into our everyday lives. Thank you, Flora Brown!

13. I love that the blog so simply spells out what is sometimes so hard to do. It reminds me that the way I choose to see the world is in my power. Point 5 particularly resonates with me. “Surround yourself with people who have accomplished and experienced what you want in life, the create your own version of you.”

14. What a great blog @Flora.
    And, a great reminder. I have a tendency not to say “no.” It creates a two-fold problem.
    First we lose time or money,and after that we lose time and peace of mind while reflecting on that once again we fell for the same trap.