Self Improvement

Life Coach vs Therapist: What’s The difference?

1. Caleb says:

Coaching is about developing the skills, goals and mindset to have a successful career in all aspects in one’s life.

2. revgerry says:

Had to read it, since I do both and spiritual teaching and coaching besides. Well done. Very informative. Love your blog, and thanks for stopping by mine.

3. marieabanga says:

Jeff, while thanking you today for this, I must admit I have some more questions. Well just one for here and the others we will face when I start my sessions with you in 16 days oh I can’t wait. Ok back to my question, do you mean a life coach wouldn’t care about the past of his or her ‘client’? Thanks once more and please add more you tubes to your channel and work on your g+ page too for other audiences go that way too.

1. Any great coach will care. But that past is not the focal point. Letting go of the past is the focal point. Thank you Marie!

4. 03alwi says:

Some people have problems moving forward because of their past. Would you say that in such cases someone would need both therapy and life coaching or does life coaching make provision for such individuals. I know of Positive Psychotherapy which is similar to your description of life coaching. So how does one become a life coach anyway? Do you need a degree in psychology or just life experience. Thanks for the great post.

1. Every person is different and you are going to get different things from a coach and a therapist. The goal (I believe) is to function from possibility, desire and love – and not just past experience.

5. slesser1013 says:

I loved your post though and I felt it was great.

6. slesser1013 says:

I have a master’s in clincial psychology and I was going for the docorate, therapy also deals with changing behaviors and thoughts to help relieve some symptoms, its not necessarily always going back to the past.

1. Thank you for doing the work you do and thank you for sharing that! I agree completely!

7. chanelmahone says:

Reblogged this on Art of Concentration. A Self-Help Blog Designed to Help You Focus on You..

1. Thanks for sharing this!

8. Arman says:

Reblogged this on Corporate Skirts and commented:
    What a beautiful clear way of explaining the difference between therapy and life coaching… hats off to Jeff 😀

1. Thanks for sharing, Arman!!!

1. Arman says: