Search for more Everyday Power
Personal growth and development can mean many things to different people. What we consider a small improvement, may be a great show of growth for another.
We all have strengths and weaknesses. One person growing by leaps and bounds in an area that someone else already has natural abilities at can look very different.
We all need to measure ourselves on an individual basis, to give ourselves credit where credit is due. Here are some personal growth quotes that will help drive this idea home.
The Most Inspiring Personal Growth Quotes To Live By
1. “Be the change you want to see in this world.” – Gandhi
2. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
3. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
4. “As the physically weak man can make himself strong by careful and patient training, so the man of weak thoughts can make them strong by exercising himself in right thinking.” – James Allen
5. “Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” – Buddha
6. “What we fear of doing most is usually what we most need to do.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson, Selected Writings of Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. “Life is never incomplete if it is an honorable one. At whatever point you leave life, if you leave it in the right way, it is whole.” – Seneca
8. “A man’s true delight is to do the things he was made for.” – Marcus Aurelius
9. “Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power.” – Lao Tzu
10. “The top players in every field think differently when all the marbles are on the line. Great performers focus on what they are doing, and nothing else…They let it happen, let it go. They couldn’t care less about the results.” – John Eliot
11. “There is one single thread binding my way together…the way of the Master consists in doing one’s best…that is all.” – Confucius
12. “What holds most people back isn’t the quality of their ideas, but their lack of faith in themselves. You have to live your life as if you are already where you want to be.” – Russell Simmons
13. “In our struggle for freedom, truth is the only weapon we possess.” – The Dalai Lama
Positive Personal Growth Quotes and Sayings
“Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness.” – Eckhart Tolle, The Power Of Now
“The word courage comes from the same stem as the French word Coeur, meaning “heart.” Thus just as one’s heart, by pumping blood to one’s arms, legs, and brain enables all the other physical organs to function, so courage makes possible all the psychological virtues. Without courage other values wither away into mere facsimiles of virtue.” – Rollo May
“But until a person can say deeply and honestly, “I am what I am today because of the choices I made yesterday,” that person cannot say, “I choose otherwise.” – Stephen R. Covey
“You have to begin to tell the story of your life as you now want it to be and discontinue the tales of how it has been or of how it is.” – Esther and Jerry Hicks
“He who has a why to live can bear almost any how” – Fredrick Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra
“Don’t take anything personally. Nothings others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” – Viktor E. Frankl, Man’s Search for Meaning
“So what is the difference between “power thinking” and “positive” thinking? The distinction is slight but profound. To me, people use positive thinking to pretend that everything is rosy, when they really believe that it’s not. With power thinking, we understand that everything is neutral, that nothing has meaning except for the meaning we give it, and that we are going to make up a story and give something it’s meaning.” – T. Harv Eker
“We all have something that we are meant to do. Your genius will shine through, and happiness will fill your life, the instant you discover your higher purpose you will then direct all your energies towards it.” – Robin Sharma
“What we call our destiny is truly our character and that character can be altered. The knowledge that we are responsible for our actions and attitudes does not need to be discouraging, because it also means that we are free to change this destiny.” – Anaïs Nin
“We see men who have accumulated great fortunes, but we often recognize only their triumph, overlooking the temporary defeats which they had to surmount before “arriving.” – Napoleon Hill
“Of course motivation is not permanent. But then, neither is bathing; but it is something you should do on a regular basis.” – Zig Ziglar
“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” – Paulo Coelho
“You are essentially who you create yourself to be and all that occurs in your life is the result of your own making.” – Stephen Richards
Which of these personal growth quotes can you relate with, and why?
It does not matter what growth looks like to anyone else, or what they consider to be growth and development. What matters is what we consider to be growth and development to US.
When we set goals, we see growth within ourselves. We should celebrate it, NOT make it a matter of comparison to anyone else. That is why we call it personal growth and development, because it is individual, personal, and unique to each of us.