Search for more Everyday Power
Have you ever wondered why you have a longing to be more accomplished, happy, and self-assured? Why you have unique gifts, talents, and attributes? And why you have a burning desire to make a difference in the world?
You do because you were born to live a life of purpose and passion. You are destined to be great and to enrich your life. You were born to shine, to be all you dream of becoming. You have an extraordinary mission in life: to improve your quality of life as well as others’ in your circles of influence.
How do I find my true calling?
But before you can come to know your life’s calling, you need to realize who you really are. Take a moment to ask yourself, “Who am I?” Your name or profession may come to mind, but that’s not who you really are.You are of divine nature, infinite wisdom, and individual worth. You were created to create a life of purpose.
You are magnificence in the truest form, right now, just as you are! You’re much more than your physical body—that’s only a part of you. The larger part of you is your spirit—your true essence—which glows softly from within, which is your higher self. It consists of life-giving energy, pure love, divine gifts, and inimitable talents. Your radiant essence is the core of which you really are.
You are, without exception, glorious!
When you feel peaceful and self-assured, joyful, charitable, and fervent about life, and when you have a burning desire to go after your dreams until accomplished, that is the real you shining through—your true self. It’s your intuitive nature, the basis of your enthusiasm for life, and what gives you hope for the best even when you’re down. It’s what inspires you to create and accomplish goals and believe in your ability to succeed. Your higher self is a source of greatness and immeasurable power—it’s what spurs you to want to find and fulfill your purpose in life.
You may not have known until now just how remarkable you are, but it’s true, you are incredible! You are a creator, a gift to the world!
As you go about your day hustling to check off your to-do list or have negative self-talk, it’s easy to forget just how powerful you actually are. This inhibits you from finding your true calling in life. It’s easy to fail to recognize or feel your brilliant essence within when you’re overworked, stressed, and tired; but once you make a conscious effort to quiet your mind by letting go of negative or worrisome thoughts and beliefs, you will then be able to wind down and feel peaceful, which is when you are able to connect with your truth within.
You may be asking yourself, “I feel a yearning to fulfill my destiny, but how do I find my life’s calling?”
To find your calling in life is to connect with your true self—your spirit within—where all the answers and infinite possibilities reside. Being in harmony with your authentic self and releasing self-doubt allows the mind to quiet and your inner power and wisdom to rise to your acknowledgment and understanding.
It’s when limiting thoughts and beliefs are released and cleared that you are able to be balanced and in harmony with your spiritual self, which awakens the heart and mind to that of your calling in life. And once that happens, desire, determination, and perseverance become a mindset, creating synergy and momentum to fulfill your life’s calling.
As you shift to that of living authentically, your inner power will begin to rise, and anxious or confusing energy will disappear. In so doing, your intuition increases, which will enable you to feel and comprehend what your true calling is.
You need to take action.
It’s not enough to know your calling in life; you need to take action both mentally and physically. It is also necessary to make a connection with your body. Resolve to honor your body so you will have the energy, clarity, and motivation to take inspired action to fulfill your life’s mission. If you eat processed food, fail to exercise, or have a pessimistic mindset, you won’t be able to hone in on your life’s purpose and will fall prey to feeling tired, lackadaisical, and weak minded—and that’s what will keep you from accomplishing your calling in life. Health, well being, spirituality, and inspiration are directly correlated—thus it is imperative to be well-balanced.
The body and mind are one. So, if you neglect your body or have negative self-talk, you will ward off any attempt of your higher self quietly communicating through your intuition and receiving divine inspiration of what is required to fulfill your lifework.
When you change your physiology by being active and exercising regularly, you change psychologically, which will balance your body, mind, and spirit. When you are spry and healthy, you will be able to think clearly and intentionally, which will attract people, places, and things into your life that are needed to thrive living your purpose. That’s when synchronicity becomes constant in your life and tender mercies are evident. You will soon discover that there are no accidents and that everything happens for a reason. Being mentally and physically in shape will empower you to reach for new heights and will increase your desire to help, uplift, and assist others.
Havea mindset of giving and a spirit of charity at all times. When you are in the energy of giving of your time, resources, and talents, you are sending out powerful vibrations of “plenty” to the universe which will attract much, much more to you. When you are stingy or give unwillingly, your dominant vibration is of lack and poverty, which will ultimately attract more of that same energy to you. You can’t live your life calling if you have a “lack” mentality— it goes against all that you are and the universal laws. Doing so will keep you from being spiritually grounded and intuitive, which will keep you from connecting with your true calling.
You can more fully come to recognize and understand your life’s calling by doing the following on a regular basis:
- Be prayerful, and quiet your mind through daily meditation. This will allow for a spiritual awakening. Give your attention of thought inwardly. This will open the portal to have the intuitive knowing. Meditation is an integral aspect of becoming spiritually grounded to unite with the essence of your true calling. The more you practice meditating—without judgment and by releasing limiting beliefs—the more you will be in harmony with your higher self and what your life’s calling entails. You will be in a purposeful mindset and will be inspired to take action daily to bring your destiny to fruition.
- As your spiritual awareness strengthens, your ego will diminish and your innate knowing will become your natural mindset—that is when your intuition and divine inspiration will go into high-gear, guiding and directing you along your life’s path. Living spiritually aware will open the way to a greater, more meaningful and rewarding way of life.
- Visualize success often. Write down with detail that which you feel inspired to do. Your mind requires a visual roadmap to achieve that which is required to live vibrantly and purposefully. Listen to your inner voice as you experience spiritual awakening. What is it calling you to do? Write down the feeling and impressions you receive; they are loving gifts from above. Know that you never walk alone and that heavenly hosts and universal forces are working together for your good. The more in tune you are with your calling and keep your commitments to yourself, the stronger your vibrational energy is that you radiate, which attracts back to you that on which you are focused.
- Live passionately and recognize the tender mercies in your life with thankfulness. The more you live in harmony with your higher self and live avidly, the more you see and appreciate the miraculous synchronicity in your life. Be mindful of the tender mercies that show up in your life. Cultivate an attitude of gratefulness, and look for what you want to see. The more you live in the energy of gratitude, the more you will see the hand of God in your life. Acknowledge with gratitude the little things that go right for you or when a solution is presented to a problem. This will rewire the neuropathways in your mind to be in harmony with your spirit and to create your meaningful life’s path before you.
- Keep a Success Journal. Each evening write down three to five things you were grateful for that day and what you accomplished. As you go to bed, visualize yourself relishing successfully as you live your life’s purpose. Upon waking, visualize with gratitude of having a miraculous day.
Living from your higher self, being spiritually intuitive, having a positive mindset, and keeping the spirit of charity and gratitude in your heart will help you to find your true calling in life. This will enable you to live a more meaningful, joyful, fulfilling, and abundant way of life. All of which is meant for you!