Search for more Everyday Power
I am a very motivated person and I’m often inspired just by the smallest things. Life is such a miracle and when you become aware of your breathe or heartbeat, really listen to it, feel it, and acknowledge it. You see, death was a part of my life experience from a very small age. But not in terms of lots of people dying in my life. Just that I really noticed how the fear of death surrounded me everyday.
There was time in my teens when ‘life or death’ seemed to be everywhere. You see, by the time I came to my teens, I had had a deeply traumatic childhood of immense abuse. At 12 years old, I had also decided that I didn’t want to live. I attempted to end my life-little did I know that life had a totally different plan for me! The fallout and my deep deep sense of sadness, 2 decade spiral into depressions and lack of love inspired me to live.
I began writing my own quotes; my own wisdoms. I started noticing beautiful words and kind messages all around me. I then began writing my first book called ‘My Little Red Book Of Wisdoms’. It is a book of wisdoms that I wrote from my inner voice, and wise words I’d collected. Dying inspired me to live. My uncle died shortly after and again, I was inspired to live. I decided to work with counsellors to help me to understand my inner world, to help me make sense of a very scary, violent world (as I saw it at that age).
Here are five ways that death can motivate you to live fully:
- Last year, death touched me again as my father had been taken ill. He passed away a few months ago. Being around him and the family at this point in my life has been so humbling and inspiring. (Check out my blog ‘Making Peace With My Dad Before His Death) Being with him for those short weeks, knowing that his time was coming just made me feel like life finally makes sense. We forgave each other, had nothing left to say other than “I love you, and take the next journey in peace”. Say what you need to say, forgive with all your heart, be the bigger person and do what make YOU happy. We never know when the last time will be that a person is in our life, so find the courage to say what you really want to say.
- Get on and enjoy life. You’re dying anyway. Dying having lived. Die having given yourself the pleasure of unconditional love. His death has yet again inspired me to live life today. This is my philosophy and underpins the 5 ways the fear of death can motivate you to life fully.
- The fear of death in irrational situations is just an illusion. Speaking to someone new, delivering a public talk, being rejected by a date, feeling embarrassment. These are all ways in which we unconsciously experience death. It feels like death is a common experience. But none of it is true! Live your life fearlessly!
- The only guarantee we have when we’re alive is: dying. That’s a fact. So live life because dying is a logical part of the circle of life process. Dying is really not that bad,not living the life you dream of is.
- Live this life to make your dreams come true. Do you want to write a book, travel the world, find the ideal romantic partner of lose weight. Do you have a dream that you have never shared with anyone yet it would mean the world for you to realise it? Let it happen by sharing it with likeminded people, write your dreams down so you can see what it is you want to achieve. Then, start make small decisions in your life that take close the gap between your current reality and your dream.
Share your comments below, I would love to hear what your experiences have been and how death has motivated you.