Quantcast
5 Reasons Why Successful People Wear the Same Clothes Every Day
Success & Career

5 Reasons Why Successful People Wear the Same Clothes Every Day

Why Successful People Wear the Same Clothing Everyday
  1. Gina Estrada says:

My 2017 focus has been on minimalism. I have been discarding, donating, passing on to kids and grandchildren all year. I love this very timely topic of clothing. I have been contemplating my “wardrobe” for quite a few months now. I have studied a few of the greats listed above as well as a few others. I totally believe in the “decision fatigue” syndrome. I decided my deadline/goal is to have it figured out by the Fall season. I am still struggling with a few factors regarding minimal clothing choices that I need to just “get over”. 1. I am a female. 2. I am a Financial Advisor. Have any other professional female’s adopted this lifestyle? This timely article has nudged me closer to “pulling the trigger.” Thanks, Everyday Power Blog!!

1. Gina, I’m happy to hear this article found you at the right time! We look forward to hearing your update!!! Thank YOU!

2. Clair Pyle says:

Good points Jeremy.
    Perhaps there are others like me who would like to adopt the same dress code, but struggle to decide on a style that will make us look good. Which rather defeats the object!
    In the past while I have seen quite a number of article on the same topic as yours. Does that suggest that this ‘non fashion trend’ dress code is becoming a fashion trend in itself?
    Either way, I hope to achieve both goals; to become a major success in my field, and to nail my minimalist, one outfit wardrobe.

1. I have a strong feeling you will do both!!!

3. Jeremy:
    Your article on wearing the same clothing resonated with me. Thanks for writing it.
    The older I get, the more simple my wardrobe has become– for many reasons.
    Funny for me to admit this as I work for Booster.com — a t-shirt fundraising website that lets people design and sell custom t-shirts to raise awareness and money for people and causes they care about.
    Since Booster.com hosts circa 6,000 t-shirt fundraisers at any time to benefit a wide range of worthy beneficiaries that I support personally— I have a huge and somewhat unwieldy collection of t-shirts I bought (to show my support for the fight against childhood cancers, bullying, animal welfare, etc.) 🙂

4. Gail Gardner says:

Fashion is consumer propaganda nonsense. Look at the ridiculous clothing hanging off anorexic runway models. I swear the look they’re going for is “walking dead”.

I totally agree with this: “…successful people find a look that is comfortable, functional, and flattering for them. Once they find this look, they stick to it.”

It is high time successful men stop wearing nooses around their necks and successful women stop wearing heels that ruin their backs and knees. Find a comfortable, functional, flattering look and wear it.

5. Miguel says:

As an aspiring speaker I want the focus to be on what I am saying and executing not if my shoes go with my belt. I like all purpose simple clothing.

6. Kris says:

Nice! For me it’s definitely about control and not caving into societal pressures focused on spending until you can’t spend anymore. I like my minimalist lifestyle even if it’s counter to capitalist ways of life.

7. Nigel says:

Cool article! I tend to just reach for the next shirt and pants on the rack without needing to choose. When adding a tie to the combo, issues arise. People tend to notice if your tie and shirt don’t match….. 🙂

8. Anna Morgan says:

It sure makes packing simpler if you travel frequently too.

1. Haha!!! Yes, true! Good point!