Search for more Everyday Power
Typically if your world is in disarray, depression and anxiety exist in your life. I used to focus only on my clients outer world. I would create brilliant systems for them.
But after being in the business for a couple of years I came to realize my clients needed an inner world revamping in order to maintain all that was accomplished. If this does not transpire you will be right back where you started.
To be organized you must fall in love with yourself. Sounds trite but when this is missing, back into the paralyzed state you go. Snapping out of depression is not nearly as hard as we make it out to be. Disconnect from negative thoughts. Do not follow anxious ones.
Be proud of the activity you are doing in this moment. Once you have let go of your sad state you can function 100%. Choosing your thoughts is similar to picking out your clothes. Do you really want to wear those god awful sweat pants again? How about clothing yourself with that outfit that makes you feel ridiculously sexy? Your choice. With practice, it gets easier to pick out thoughts that make you feel successful.
Now for the practical application.
10 Ways To Organize Your Life For Free
1. Stop buying stuff! Do not bring anything home until your world is in order. Make this agreement with yourself. Most people who are disorganized also struggle with finances.
2. Go through your home in a ruthless fashion throwing everything that is useless into garbage bags. Take 2 hours and run through every room. Do not think, simply act.
3. Put those bags in your car and take them straight away to the thrift store. Do not bother with separating and wondering who might like what. You do not need one more thing on your to-do list.
4. Go to your desk and open up all of your mail. Be fast and furious. If you don’t own a shredder you need one. This is one item I give you permission to buy. You can also burn paper in your fireplace. Anything with your name on it must be properly disposed of. Get rid of duplicates. Vow to tackle one administrative to-do a day. This is where my clients become overwhelmed. There are very few items you need to keep in paper form.
5. From here on, open your mail daily. Call or email to be taken off of every single marketing list. Go paperless on every bill. This protects your identity. An empty mail box produces a stress free life.
6. Start strong daily habits. Never go to bed with dishes in the sink and never leave a room with out picking up after yourself.
7. Keep shopping bags in your closets. When you find something that no longer serves you toss it in. When the bag is full send it away. Styles change. Do not keep an item thinking you will wear it when you loose weight.
8. Begin to implement a ‘One right place for everything rule’. Everyone in your family must be trained to adhere.
9. Forget the garage sale. They are a pain in the ass. If you have something of value run an ad. Sell it cheap. Remember that material items depreciate fast. Less is more.
10.Keep all of your lists organized in your phone or computer. Stop writing stuff down on random paper. Keep a journal for personal thoughts.
When the job is huge, hire help or ask friends to lend a hand. Vow to maintain a simple stress free life. Not only is it a gift to you, it is a gift to the planet. Take it from me, at age 47 I gave away all that I owned. I moved from The States to Europe. When you are organized and light you are free to have adventures. Love yourself.