Search for more Everyday Power
10 things Thankful People never do!
1. Thankful people never worry or complain: They realize that worrying has no virtue of its own and the only thing that can change a situation from good to bad is the right mental attitude.
2. Thankful people never see negative in any situation: They always choose to see the positive because seeing the negative doesn’t help; it only brings more worry and fear. They also know that every negative has a positive. Thankful people choose to see the positive side.
3. Thankful people never let current circumstances dictate their future: They realise that nothing you go through in life is forever. It’s temporary and only to bring out the best in you. They focus on the beautiful future they have ahead and so whatever they may be going through now, they don’t let it deter them from their goals.
4. Thankful never compare themselves to others: They appreciate their journey and how far they’ve come and they don’t let other people’s lives dictate how they feel, respond to situations and how they go about life.
5. Thankful people never run away from challenges: They know that challenges are what make them special. How can one be thankful if you’ve never had a challenge? They know the true glory is when in the midst of all the obstacles, they are able to stand still, be grateful and trust that God has a better plan even if they only see a fraction of it.
6. Thankful people never surround themselves with ungrateful and negative people: This is one of the most important things thankful people never do. They realise that “the people you hang out with are the ones that influence your thoughts, actions and decisions,” so they try and much as possible to immerse themselves with everything inspiring and motivational i.e. books, cd’s, seminars etc.
7. Thankful people never let bitterness rule their lives: One of the things grateful people do is to forgive…. this might mean forgiving the past i.e.yourself, people that have offended you and even situations you didn’t like.
8. Thankful people never go through life expecting a bed of roses: They are fully aware that life is a roller-coaster i.e. good times and bad times but what they have realised is that you are in control of your situation and no matter how many lemons life throws at you…..your ability to make lemonade is what counts.
9. Thankful people never wait for situations to get out of hand: They are proactive rather than reactive and they are always confident that their right attitude will turn the outcome of any situation they face.
10. Finally, thankful people never wake up in wrong moods: They understand that your morning moods usually dictate the rest of the day. They realise that if they start their day with a positive frame of mind, the rest of the day will continue to bring joy and happiness.
What are some of the things thankful people do? Leave your thoughts and comments below. For more self-development articles, check out my blog: MotyInspires.