How to Motivate Yourself: 8 Real and Powerful Ways!
Don't Miss

How to Motivate Yourself: 8 Real and Powerful Ways!

By on May 17, 2014
    How to Motivate Yourself: 8 Real and Powerful Ways!

Image

What if our motivation was automated? What if no matter how tired, frustrated or depleted we are; we can find a way to make it happen.

How can we create systems to achieve what we want, give what we want and become who we want.

Here are 8 real and powerful ways to motivate yourself!

It’s not all about you

Help motivate someone else. Reach out to people through email, Facebook , phone or face to face. Listen closely to someone. Odds are they will bring up something they are struggling to do or get through. Give them some time, words and energy that will help them push through it.

Position yourself to win

Set yourself up for success. What are 2-3 small victories you can accomplish right now to build momentum? What is something really small, but deeply meaningful? Always focus on your outcome. When things start to appear thick, rough and ugly, or when you start to feel frustrated at the speed of things or people, and events disappoint you – refocus on your outcome.

Slow down

Take breaks from working. Put on some music and dance. Motion produces emotion. Go for a walk. Walk away and then come back, fresh and refreshed.

Appreciate You

Don’t be afraid to reward yourself. Many times we get caught chasing the big fish, and we forget to savor every bite of the small one. Enjoy and celebrate your journey.

Stimulate your senses

Watch a motivational video on YouTube to inject passion and energy where there is none!

Get to the core

Write down 7 things you need to do and then cross off 4. Choosing the 3 most relevant “Need to Do” things will make the load feel lighter and have you focus on the essentials.

What you want

Impact

Turn your outcome into a mission. Many people know what they want, but aren’t sure on WHY they want it. Make your WHY clear. Make your WHY massive.

Please remember to leave a comment below! Let us know how these ideas can fit into your life!

Sign up for our weekly newsletter on Personal Empowerment, Motivation and Success!

everyday power newsletter

[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
    Take a second to LIKE, COMMENT & SHARE!

About Everyday Power

Founder of www.EverydayPowerBlog.com and My Everyday Power, Jeff Moore is an entrepreneur, educator, and motivator on a mission to inspire those around him. Jeff has dedicated his personal and professional life to helping people realize their own potential for greatness. He has an expertise in creating intrinsic motivation and is a catalyst for incredible change in the lives of others.

42 Comments

1. Vision Shine

July 26, 2014 at 1:13 am

thank you for inspiration jeff :) motivation is truly important in life to get going. It make happen anything you believe.
      Vision Shine recently posted…Detachment (Part 2): The importance of Emotional Detachment in LifeMy Profile

2. HarajukuBox-Eulyn

March 5, 2014 at 9:41 am

Reblogged this on Harajuku Box and commented:
      A useful every day mantra to motivate yourself. Try it!

3. Pingback: EVERYDAY POWER’S TOP 10 MOST POPULAR BLOG POSTS FROM FEBRUARY 2014 | Everyday Power Blog

4. boot87

February 28, 2014 at 9:26 pm

I was sitting at my laptop after a morning of work feeling shattered!! No motivation to even make a cup of tea, so I left my laptop… went for a walk then a little dance, came back clicked back on my laptop and yours is the first blog I see…. what a coincidence… I’m gonna write things down and check them off. Thank you

5. Isabella mcguire mayes

February 27, 2014 at 7:49 pm

Thanks Jeff ! I’ve had possibly the hardest year of my life ! I’m a professional ballet dancer who has struggled with an injury and then I had surgery and I’ve been fighting for a year to get over it , I’m finally back into ballet classes fighting to be better than before , it’s been so up and down for me with many tears and I have days where I don’t want to do anything as it seems it’s never ending and I hate feeling like that ! I always use to push myself no matter what , I think it’s been hard being at home this whole time not having my independence takes a toll and I’ve been on my own for a whole year really as I haven’t been with my friends in the dance environment , I’m facing an audition in April which I’m aiming for and I just hope I can make it !! Your posts always help me when I feel low , thank you !! Sorry if this is to long )) just wanted to share my story )) x izzy

• Everyday Power

February 27, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Izzy, I’m so happy you decided to share your story! I love your fight! I know you are doing things daily to prepare you for the audition!! Let me know how it goes!! Stay strong!!

6. Penny Houghton

February 27, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Great tips!

7. made58

February 27, 2014 at 8:10 am

Reblogged this on MadeleineMaya.

• Everyday Power

February 27, 2014 at 8:17 am

Thank you so much for sharing this!!

• made58

February 27, 2014 at 8:20 am

My Pleasure! Thank you for sharing! Madeleine

8. nikijonesbad

February 27, 2014 at 7:45 am

Reblogged this on Not Your Everyday Blonde.

9. inspiretheworld2day

February 27, 2014 at 7:41 am

Great advice. Forget the pace, just keep on going ;)

10. Flying the Good Flight

February 27, 2014 at 2:15 am

Great tips! Simple & doable :)

11. AKA John Galt

February 26, 2014 at 10:15 pm

12. Julie Kristine

February 26, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Reblogged this on Paleo CrossFit Journey and commented:
      Sometimes we get bogged down with the rat race of life, here are some great ways to revive your motivation, focus, and drive!

• Everyday Power

February 26, 2014 at 10:04 pm

Let’s escape the rat race! ;-) Thanks for sharing this Julie!!

13. mwgrigs

February 26, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Great post Jeff! One question–do you mean outcome as in “goal” or outcome as in “results?” Perhaps it’s just a matter of semantics, but it made me think of the quote, “We have control over our labor, not the fruits of our labor.” I’ve always thought is was more fulfilling and less anxious to concentrate on the input (over which we do have control), rather than the results (over which we do not have control). I’d love you to hear your thoughts? These are fantastic motivational tips–great post!

• Everyday Power

February 26, 2014 at 10:08 pm

Thanks for your thoughts and it’s a great question. I mean, focus on what you want to see, do and have. Focus on your goal. Focus on the prize. Our results lead us to it. Whether it’s a positive result or not, it’s just a result – and ultimately all of our results just bring us closer to our goal, because we are always learning from them. When our doubts creep in, when other people let us down and don’t believe in us…it is our goals, our dreams and our vision that will help us move forward, at whatever speed that might be! Hope that helps!

• mwgrigs

February 27, 2014 at 9:13 am

Agreed! Focusing on the goal is the only way to ensure you actually achieve it–great blog post!

14. amandadrian

February 26, 2014 at 5:16 pm

It really helps to hear this written by you, so that I don’t feel alone in my slow progress. :-)

• Everyday Power

February 26, 2014 at 10:08 pm

No matter how slow your progress is, you are light years ahead of everyone who is not even trying!

15. amandadrian

February 26, 2014 at 5:16 pm

This is valuable and meaningful for me because I am working toward a goal, and recently it became apparent that I would need to scale back and work three times as slowly. But this doesn’t mean I won’t get there. I am still going to achieve my dreams. Just a lot slower than I originally planned.

• Everyday Power

February 26, 2014 at 10:09 pm

Sometimes you have to go slow, to go fast. It’s all about the foundation!

16. Violet's Veg*n e-comics

February 26, 2014 at 5:12 pm

This is a brilliant post! Really excellent :-)

17. ROSES

February 26, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Thanks for these tips. This is just what I needed to be rejuvenated.

18. Shar

February 26, 2014 at 2:00 am

Reblogged this on .

19. Swami Nixon

February 25, 2014 at 10:59 pm

thanks for this! simple but effective. definitely helpful.

20. rdfocus

February 25, 2014 at 10:39 pm

Reblogged this on rdfocus.

• Everyday Power

February 25, 2014 at 10:40 pm

Thanks for sharing this!!

• rdfocus

February 25, 2014 at 10:42 pm

Its what I really need for a decision I’m making now, Thank you Jeff.