Life Coach vs Therapist: What’s The difference?
Life Coach vs Therapist: What’s the difference?
So, I put together this list. I hope it helps!
Life Coaching is mainly about:
- Developing a vision and purpose for one’s life, business or both – get clear on where you are and where you want to be
- Dealing with the present and planning for the future – create a map and plan for the future
- Setting and reaching meaningful goals – set goals that excite you and elevate your performance
- Performing at higher levels - operate at higher levels with greater clarity and intent
- Creating solutions together (coach and client) – collaborate with your coach
- Held accountable by the coach – constant reflection and measurement of progress
- Developing a better communication, self talk and self esteem
- Sessions are held over the phone or on Skype
Therapy is mainly about:
- Dealing with past issues and trauma
- Learning how to let go of the past
- Focusing on achieving emotional balance and understanding
- Getting solutions from the therapist
- Sessions are held in person
- Deals with crisis
Both have the potential to add tremendous value to your life. I would argue that the biggest difference between the two is that Life Coaching deals with the present and focuses on moving forward with clarity, purpose and intention, while therapy deals with resolving the past.
How could life coaching benefit you? How could having a coach help you become more focused, productive, confident and aligned?
As always, share your thoughts on how this could fit into your life!